TE's Innovation Engineering team drives improvements and implements best-in-practice technologies company wide . We are on the lookout for engineers with controls architecture experience and the drive to roll out cutting edge advancements in a Global Engineering environment. Job Overview
The Controls Innovation Engineer
will apply knowledge of controls and programming solutions to develop concept innovations for company-wide customer initiatives. The Controls Innovation Engineer
will develop the architecture and write and debug PLC ladder logic or IPC program for the automated system. This position will be based in TE Connectivity's Harrisburg, PA area. TEGTA16Responsibilities & Qualifications
What you will be doing...
As a Controls Innovation Engineer
, a typical day may include:
- Oversee the layout of the controls cabinet and schematic designs.
- Develop the architecture and write and debug PLC ladder logic or IPC program for the automated system.
- Perform risk assessments and implement controls reliability and safety systems to meet TE specifications.
- Develop and program HMI screens to meet customer or standard requirements.
- Select machine servo, robots and electrical and electromechanical components which are properly sized to meet system requirements.
Click here for a day in the life in the engineering team at TE: Life At TE
What your background should look like...
- Advanced proficiency in Yaskawa, Allen Bradley, Pro-Face or Omron PLC programming languages.
- At least 10 years, for Bachelor degree, or 7 years for Master degree, technical experiences in manufacturing automation with a detailed knowledge of current automation technologies for precision electromechanical manufacture and/ or optical system manufacture
- Experience with Cartesian, SCARA and 6-Axis industrial robot programming and conditioning.
Nice to have:
- Epson robot experience preferred.
- Excellent commercial and business acumen with deep experience in analyzing current technologies and capabilities on the market.
What TE Connectivity offers...
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits (401k matching) and more...
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
This position is located in our Middletown, PA office.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.Competencies
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Associated topics: autocad, automotive, boiler, brakes, bsme, mechanical, mechanic, naval, proe, propulsion